The Greene County Board of Supervisors will hold a public hearing on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at 7:30 p.m. in the County Meeting Room to consider amending the Greene County Code, Chapter 14, Section 37-38 - Livestock running at large.
A copy of the proposed amendment may be viewed at the County Administrator's Office, 40 Celt Road, Stanardsville, VA or online at www.greenecountyya.gov.
John C. Barkley, Clerk
Greene County Board of Supervisors
Code of the County of Greene, Virginia
ARTICLE II. ANIMAL CONTROL
DIVISION 1. GENERALLY
Sec. 14-37. - Livestock running at large
- It shall be unlawful for the owner or manager of any livestock to permit any such livestock to run at large beyond the limits of his own lands within the county.
- Any person violating this section shall be guilty of a class 4 misdemeanor.
State Law reference- Code of Virginia § 3.2-6544 .
Sec. 14-38. - Trespass by animals.
- It shall be unlawful for the owner, possessor or custodian of any animals, after being requested by the owner or tenant of any premises not to allow the same to trespass upon such premises, to allow such animal to go upon such premises.
- It shall be unlawful for the owner, possessor or custodian of any animals to willfully allow the same to trespass and run at large upon the public highways of the county, whether such highways be enclosed by a fence or not.
- Any person violating this section shall be guilty of a class 3 misdemeanor.
State Law reference-Code of Virginia§ 15.2-1218.